Guidance when planning to visit for a sports massage
In preparation of re-opening, I have completed the following courses
- Preparing to Return to Work in a Covid-19 World.
- COVID-19 Awareness.
✔ Check I am in good health before you arrive for treatment.
✔ Wash my hands prior to your arrival, and use hand sanitiser after you enter the room, before treatment.
✔ Wait by my side gate for when you arrive and will open and close it for you.
✔ Follow guidelines on the use of personal protective equipment (PPE).
✔ Allow only four treatments per day to ensure all surfaces and materials are thoroughly cleaned between appointments.
✔ Disinfect non-porous materials, e.g. leg and head rest, and equipment.
✔ Wash porous materials e.g. sheets and towels after every treatment.
✔ Replace couch roll and other disposable materials.
✔ Ventilate the treatment room.
✔ Change my uniform between appointments.
✔ Wear durable, disposable gloves when cleaning the premises and entrance gate.
✔ If I start to display Covid-19 symptoms then I will self isolate immediately. Your treatment will be rescheduled and you will not be charged for this.
✔ Maintain social distancing before and after the treatment.
You will be asked to
Prior to your treatment:
- Confirm, 24 hours prior to your treatment, that you, or anyone you live with has not displayed any Covid-19 symptoms in the last 14 days. If you or anyone you live with has been displaying symptoms please self isolate for 14 days even if you feel fine. We will reschedule your treatment and you will not be charged for this.
- If you start displaying any symptoms of COVID-19, or if any person in your household starts self-isolating within 24 hours of your treatment, contact me and we will reschedule your treatment, and will not be charged for this.
- Understand the Test and Trace procedure.
- In the treatment room, prior to treatment commencing, I will be asking you to confirm your details being shared with the Test and Trace team if required.
At your treatment:
✔ Bring a bottle of water for your refreshment.
✔ Arrive at the agreed time and ensure social distancing before and after the treatment.
✔ Do not touch the side gate, I will open and close it for you.
✔ Use hand sanitiser upon entering the treatment room.
✔ Use the provided plastic box in the treatment room to store your clothes and belongings.
✔ Follow guidelines on the use of PPE. Currently there isn’t an official requirement for you to wear any additional protection such as a mask or face covering when I am wearing a visor, but if you wish to do then you may. When face down, I can hand you a tissue to pull it down under your nose so you can breath properly.
✔ Pay by card or other cashless method, where possible. I will still accept cash if there is no alternative.
All of these procedures have been implemented for your safety. I will continue to take advice from the government, NHS and my insurance company regarding safe practice and will amend them as necessary. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact me.