What is your COVID-19 Policy?
In preparation of re-opening, I have completed the following courses
- COVID-19 Awareness
- Preparing to Return to Work in a Covid-19 World.
I, the therapist, will…
- Check I am in good health before you arrive for treatment.
- Wash my hands prior to your arrival, and use hand sanitiser after you enter the room, before treatment.
- Wait by my side gate for when you arrive and will open and close it for you.
- Follow guidelines on the use of personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Allow only one treatment per day to ensure all surfaces and materials are thoroughly cleaned.
- Disinfect non-porous materials, e.g. massage couch and equipment.
- Wash porous materials e.g. sheets and towels after every treatment.
- Replace couch roll and other disposable materials.
- Ventilate the treatment room.
- Change my uniform between appointments.
- Wear durable, disposable gloves when cleaning the premises and entrance gate.
- If I start to Covid-19 symptoms then I will self isolate immediately. Your treatment will be rescheduled and you will not be charged for this.
- Maintain social distancing before and after the treatment.
You will be asked to…
Prior to your treatment:
- Confirm, 24 hours prior to your treatment, that you, or anyone you live with has not displayed any Covid-19 symptoms in the last 14 days. If you or anyone you live with has been displaying symptoms please self isolate for 14 days even if you feel fine. We will reschedule your treatment and you will not be charged for this.
- If you start displaying any symptoms of COVID-19, or if any person in your household starts self-isolating within 24 hours of your treatment, contact me and we will reschedule your treatment, and will not be charged for this.
- Understand the Test and Trace In the treatment room, prior to treatment commencing, I will be asking you to confirm your details being shared with the Test and Trace team if required.
At your treatment:
- Bring a bottle of water for your refreshment.
- Arrive at the agreed time and ensure social distancing before and after the treatment.
- Do not touch the side gate, I will open and close it for you.
- Use hand sanitiser upon entering the treatment room.
- Use the provided plastic box in the treatment room to store your clothes and belongings.
- Follow guidelines on the use of PPE. Currently there isn’t an official requirement for you to wear any additional protection such as a mask or face covering when I am wearing a visor, but if you wish to do then you may. When face down, I can hand you a tissue to pull it down under your nose so you can breath properly.
- Pay by card or other cashless method, where possible. I will still accept cash if there is no alternative.
All of these procedures have been implemented for your safety. I will continue to take advice from the government, NHS and my insurance company regarding safe practice and will amend them as necessary. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact me.
How do I buy a Massage package?
How do I book?
To book a massage, you need to schedule an appointment here.
You have the option of paying when you book, or you can pay at the appointment in cash or card, or let us know beforehand and that you have a gift voucher.
What happens after I book a massage appointment?
You will receive an email confirming your appointment time.
Within 12 hours of the scheduled appointment, you will receive a reminder email of your appointment and the address.
If you want to chat through any questions you may have regarding your injuries or what the massage entails, then please do.
Why is there a consultation at the beginning of the massage appointment?
It’s your chance to tell me about your reason for coming for massage so I can tailor the treatment to suit you
I also like to check you don’t have a medical issue I need to be aware of e.g. an allergy or a recent injury.
I also take this time to explain to you what will happen during the massage and what areas I will be treating.
Will you only treat the sore area?
If I’ve had a sports massage with you before, will it always be the same?
All appointments will have a consultation at the beginning, before the massage. This is so that I can chat to you about your current situation and if anything has changed from before. Last time I might have worked on your shoulders but this time you might have a problem with your calves so we will talk about that and then start the massage based on what we discuss.
How long is my massage and how long will my appointment take?
Appointments are 1 or 2 hours long, depending on if you have booked a 45 minute or 90 minute massage. That includes time to get changed, a consultation and the massage.
If you are in a rush, please tell me at the beginning of your massage.
Equally, please understand that if you wish to chat to me about things which are on your mind then our appointment may over-run.
I’m really self conscious about my thighs and the cellulite / another self conscious area. Can we please not massage that area?
I completely respect everyone has very self conscious areas of their body.
When I am treating my clients, I only see their muscles. It may sound a little crazy but I really don’t see any of the things you worry about. I love this job because I know how much benefit you will have afterwards from your appointment so I will do my best to respect your concerns while giving you the massage your muscles need.
During the massage I cover all areas of the body which I’m not working on, under luxurious towel(s) so not only do you feel lovely and warm but also happy knowing that your perfectly imperfect area is covered when I’m not massaging it.
Please let me know during the appointment if you have any worries and we can talk about this. I will do always do my utmost to reassure you about your worries.
Do your sports massages hurt?
I have to admit that I used to think that sports massages were effective if they were extremely painful. This is definitely not how I work, or how I was taught.
Less is more.
I work on a pain level of 1-5. #1, being that you can barely feel anything and #5, being that you’re about to leap off the massage couch.
I work between your level 2-3 and will keep checking during your treatment to make sure we stay in your levels.
If I've just got injured, can I see you straight away?
The area will be tender and needs rest and ice. After about 5 days then yes please come and see me, if I test the area and it’s still inflamed then I won’t be able to work on the area but might be able to work on the area around it.
If you have any question then just drop me a message, Hannah
What are your hours of operation?
Appointments are available during the day and evenings, please check our schedule for more accurate availability.
Refunds and Cancellation Policy
When an appointment is scheduled, this allotted period of time is held exclusively for you, the client. You can cancel or reschedule your appointment ONLINE provided you do this not less than 24 hours before the time of your appointment. This can be done by using the link provided in your original appointment confirmation email. We reserve the right to charge a minimum fee equivalent to the cost of the treatment (£40) for failing to attend your appointment, and not notifying us of your intention not to attend. A late attendance for an appointment will result in a shorter appointment time being offered, or the appointment being rescheduled for another time and date.
Reminder emails are sent to reduce the chance of you missing your appointment.
My promise to you
On occasion, it may be necessary that I need to change your booking due to illness or unforeseen circumstances and I may need to change your appointment with less than 24 hours notice. These occasions are rare, yet my cancellation policy protects you as well.
If I need to change your appointment I will give you as much notice as I possibly can. If I ask you to change your appointment with less than 24 hours notice, or if I am unable to offer you a suitable appointment on the same day, or if I need to move your appointment to another day because of my circumstances, you are welcome to an additional 15 minutes of treatment time or 10% off your treatment, whichever is preferable by way of compensation.